Image used under Creative Commons - Original belongs to Salady
With No Name-Calling Week coming to a close, I wanted to do a little something in honor of it. So, let's talk name-calling. Everyone has experienced and everyone has probably been the one doing the name-calling.
I created this vlog (it's my first ever) and I did something I don't normally do - I talk about myself. Name-calling is such a personal thing, so I figured I'd allow all of your to get to know me a little bit through that. If you'd rather not know anything about me, feel free to skip the video. I'll warn you, it's long. I'm a known rambler.
If you're skipping the video, I'll break it down a bit:
- The Latte Rebellion is a book that starts with name-calling...I really connected with the story because I know what Asha goes through. I experienced similar feelings.
- Name-calling happens all the time, everyday, to every single person. I was no exception
- We need to do something to put a stop to the hateful words that are constantly thrown around
- I loved The Latte Rebellion - Review will be up tomorrow
- Check out my interview with Sarah Jamila Stevenson - author of The Latte Rebellion
- I'll be giving my copy of the book away. Post should be up soon
No Name-Calling Week is all about helping to stop name-calling, so what can we do? What do you do? How do you deal with name-calling? How do you help others who experience name-calling?